You know when someone taps you on the shoulder and you turn around and no one is there? But really they jumped to the other side to try and spook you a bit...
Yeah that's what 2013 did to me. It snuck right up on me. I wasn't completely ready for this new year to begin. Although I am not about to allow it to conquer me. I have some new goals for this new year. And this time...I'm going to be as Jane Austin would say an accomplished lady.
1. Complete the Couch to 5K Program
2. Run in a 5K
3. Complete my Bombshell Dress Class from Craftsy.com
4. Maintain Weight Watchers Program for 1 Year
5. Learn to Play Dawn (The song from the opening of P&P) on the Piano
6. Become More Organized
7. Go on More Adventures & Document Them
8. Try NEW Hair & Makeup Routines
9. Write A Few Songs
10. Blog at Least 2-3 Times a Week
THE CURRENT ACTIONS:
1. Goal number 1 has begun. Tonight marked the first evening of the Couch to 5K Adventure. My roommate Allison and I started the first podcast. We planned ahead knowing when we would attempt this first session it would be dark out...so we purchased flashing arm bands and warm running gear. In the first podcast we were greeted by a british woman by the name of Lauren (which makes me think of season three of the hit television show Alias...anyways). Lauren started off our first session which consisted mostly of I call wogging (a walk/jog). Jog a minute, then walk a minute and a half. It wasn't so bad. But I knew that had Allison not been there with me I would have caved and ended up a couch potato forever. But not because the workout was too hard. No. It mainly had to do with the COLD! Our first wog was in 34 degree weather! Brrrrrrrrrrr!
So tonight we learned a few things. One, we can totally do this. Two, bundling up is probably something we could get better at. Three, next time don't forget the pepper spray (just in case). Four, flashing arm band lights, leggings and sweet yellow hats make you look super cool!
Happy New Year!