Pages

Lessons Learned

Friday, February 04, 2011







My mindset has been slightly revamped in the past 30 days. I've set forth on a new territory and I'm charting the waters. I'm no cartographer, but I knew I needed a new course. I didn't realize quite how much. My biggest discovery of this decade (for me anyways) was realizing my addiction to clothing. They say the first step to solving the problem is admitting you have one. So there you have it world. I'm an Addict! I LOVE CLOTHES! I LOVE SHOPPING!

Buying new clothing had a way of making me feel like a million bucks (although I'm not sure how since money doesn't have feelings...anyways back to the point). After afternoons of emptying my wallet and charging my credit cards, I would go home and take everything out of the bags, rip the tags right off each piece and plan the next few days of attire. I would wear them and basically forget about them forever. Once it was worn...it was old. It lost all the luster it had suckered me into the initial purchase to begin with. And thus the cycle was unstoppable.

I took a swan dive into what was probably the best thing I could have ever done. The 30 for 30 Challenge was more than I expected it could be. I know I probably didn't do the best I could have as several days I found myself at a loss. Having to constantly look back at my blog to make sure I hadn't created that ensemble already. I admit that happened at least once. I almost had the same outfit on, but changed it before I had myself a blogging blunder. NOT that it's a mortal sin to wear the same combination, I just wanted to challenge myself to find every possible avenue for each item. 

And now. I've never desired my closet more...I couldn't wait to "shop" my closet again. I love my closet. More than ever before. I get really excited to pick out my clothes for the next day. It's no longer a chore, but now a prize. I want to make each outfit super cute and creative. I want to show off my personality. And now I'm having fun at it...So let's see....

What outfits did I have the most fun with during the past 30 days....?
I'm gonna go with Outfits....drum roll please......(badadadadadadada.....):

#5, #6, #15, #16, #17, #19, #20, #22, #29 AND #30!

Now that you know my favorites. I wanna know yours. Leave a comment below and let me know! 




4 comments:

archives vintage said...

youre finished - HOORAY!!!! congrats to you...im just getting started! :)

Anonymous said...

I have decided that I'm prejudice towards skirts. My favs are #4, #5, #15, #19, #20, & #30! You're sooo cute!

-Jen Onyebuchi

Anonymous said...

Im only 7 days in and feel like Ive already learned so many lessons!

Unknown said...

OMG 30 is the epitome of cute but not little girl cute like awesome artsy woman cute!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground