Pages

Weatherman 1, Me 0

Wednesday, February 02, 2011






I've come to seriously doubt the weather man when it comes to winter weather. And I love the winter weather, but you'd come to feel this way too if you lived in Texas (for those of you who do live in Texas please accept my apologies for you really do understand). It's just that it was the most lovely weekend...sunny and 70 with a nice cool breeze. So forgive me when I snickered at the thought of a ridiculous winter storm that would keep the temperatures so low it would be one of the worst we'd have seen in a long time.

But the weatherman sure did show me up this time. This one is a doozie for us here in the DFW area. We have solid ice covering the roads with little to no chance of melting till later this week. It isn't a blizzard, that's for sure, but it is one of the most crippling things that could happen to an area that has no idea what to do with snow. You want an example. I thought you'd never ask. So here it goes. I live about 5 minutes away from my office. But today it took me 45 minutes to get back to my home. Not all because of the roads, but when I finally did get to my apartment complex it was blocked. About 4+ cars were stuck on the slight incline of a hill. There was no moving them. I had to park down the street and walk. It was super unfortunate as the walk took a good ten minutes and the wind chill was 3 degrees. Lovely I tell you. Lovely. At least it was snowing. And that makes the cold worth it.

And not to forget, we have a ridiculous amount of people trying to travel to town for the SuperBowl. It's gonna get pretty crazy real quickly. I can feel it. But until then I will curl up next to the fire and drink my hot cocoa. Watch the frozen tundra that is DFW and accept my defeat to the weatherman with a smile. Ah yes...this is nice.

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground