Pages

Just Been One Of Those Days...

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Today has been a trying day. My emotions have been meddled with and I really don't know why it's been such a challenging day. When someone today called me out as being "annoying," I don't know why, but I was shocked. I was hurt. Me "annoying." I thought I had grown out of that. I mean I know I have my on occasion a bout of ridiculous, but really I usually do not have that at work. And when they called me out on it, although they were right, I was hurt. Not just the kind of hurt that lasts for a good fifteen to twenty minutes of sulking. But the rest of the day. I didn't want to talk to the person. I just wanted to leave. I wanted to sit in my very own pity party and just sigh. Oh whoa is me. But why? Why was I so caught up in this ridiculous idea? Why did it take such a hold on me? Why? 


To be honest I've not really been able to pin it down to much more than this. I don't really know. I mean it could be a multitude of things. It could be the whole professionalism thing, or the fact that it didn't seem cool, maybe it took me back to days in my childhood when I wasn't deemed good enough, or foolish. All I know is that I didn't like it. And I really can't pin it on anything, but the fact that it just is one of those days. I think Shawn Groves said it best in his song with that very title: 


At the risk of sounding shallow
Maybe trivial or trite
Emotional or mellowed
Well, how can I say this right?

Guess, I’m not the kind that figures
Life’s all rainbows and blues skies
Still I just can’t help but notice
I’ve got no good cause to cry

(Chorus)
It’s just been one of those days, one of those days
Every glass half full, every drop lemonade
Just one of those days, one of those days
All my worries to bed
And my faith wide awake
Hey, hey, hey
Just one of those days
Just one of those days 



There’s a smile I can’t turn down
For a dance across my face
And the way I see things now
A frown would just be out of place 


Cause I know you’re in your heaven
Yeah, with both hands on the wheel
And somehow this simple knowing
Has infected how I feel 



Chorus

I’m not blind to imperfections
Still a realist by trade
A pragmatic, pessimistic, over-thinker
On a break



Chorus


God I know that I am a foolish woman. I am human so I have the ability to find ways to make myself mope. I also know that this is not who you made me to be. I am to do everything I do for you. "In EVERYTHING set them an example by doing good." -Titus 2:7a. Well today, both in my anoying-ness and grumpiness, I was setting a pretty poor example. So my goal for tomorrow is to be good. In everything. Wow. I know. Big Challenge. But really, I am called to at least try. 


--------------------------------------------------
P.S. Today I did Cardio at the Gym for 50 minutes! I covered the distance of, get this, 4.81 miles! What! What! I rocked out today. It must have been all that angst. But I've got it all out now and I'm a much happier person for it. Yay!

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground