Pages

Let's Go Ride My Bike!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

All work and no play. That's what I've felt like lately. Being super busy is so exhausting. I'm working on the slowing down and really enjoying life part as of late, and let me tell you, that part has been brilliant. Last week I bought an Electra Townie Bike, I'm still waiting on the accessories I purchased with it, but the thing is just beautiful. It's a work of art. It is probably one of the best investments I've made besides my guitar. When the week settled down and the weekend commenced, I found a local trail, Arbor Hills Nature Reserve,  and went for a ride. It was so peaceful. The sounds of the stream running through the woods, the shade of the trees on the path and the wind whipping past me as I rode steadily through the "forest." It was so relaxing as well as a perfect workout. I rode for an hour and half, which I looked up later to find that it should have helped me burn at least 475-625 calories. I love burning calories, cuz skinny is gonna look good on me!
After the bike ride I spent some time with my closest friends. We ate dinner together, sort of tried to geocache and then played cards well into the night. It was fantastic! It was one of the most relaxing days I had, had in a while. The next morning I had my much needed annual sleep in, which lasted longer than most as I woke up at 1 in the afternoon. I count that as a big win for me and my body though, cuz i felt amazing. (Although my body clock is paying for that now.) But as I told you guys in previous entry I had a very big task to tackle on that Sunday Evening. My audition for the worship team. I practiced a song just in case and went down all prepared. Slightly, well lets just say unsure of what they would thing, nervous. I went in, I auditioned and guess what!? They want me. I'm in. Jason, the worship leader said that I was an Alto, with a strong soloist's voice and better yet he said he would teach me to harmonize! I'm so excited! So I will be joining that team very soon so that is super exciting. I kinda can't wait! God has been super good to me. I always feel that when I jump back into music, God grants me all kinds of opportunities to shine for him. Another example I just auditioned to be on Glee, which I know is slightly silly, but really it could be super great. I could be an example for him in one of the towns in America that has the greatest need for him. And now that I am becoming more confident with myself and my voice and talent, I've had some more opportunities come up recently. I have a gig with my band mate Kelechi on Saturday. We are opening for another band he plays in. I feel like this could really be the start of something great. 
So really, I just hope that in all my times of crazy, that I can sit back and realize how even when I don't think I have the time or the gifts to bring, God can use me. Even with the little I have to offer. I can just use what I have to give and offer my very best. I want to be God's beautiful mess. I want to be faithful with what He has given me and let him be fruitful. 

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground