Pages

One Pound and Richard Simmons. Quite a Combo.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

This morning, when I finally drug myself out of bed, I decided to step on the scale again. It had been a few days since I had last graced my presence there and it seemed high time for it again. To explain, foor the past three weeks my weight has not changed. I've been at a solid 226 lbs, and yes I know it's embarrassing that's why I'm losing weight. I've been mortified about this for a very long time. But so far I've lost like ten pounds so getting back to this weight was an accomplishment all in itself. But really this weight is what I have pretty much been since I graduated college two years ago. During this time I've never really been that far under this number. It's sort of been my "I can't seem to break through it" weight and for a long time I accepted that. I accepted that I would just be a big woman. It was who God created me to be and gosh dang it someone will eventually realize how cool I am. They just need to get to know me a bit. Yeah that's all.

Well i finally convinced myself that was a lie and now I want to kill that number. I want to crush it and never return. And today as I stepped on the scale again. I was sure I would see that number again. I mean it's been there for so long I just got use to it. So today, when I looked down I almost jumped off the scale and tried again to make sure I wasn't dreaming. I had lost a pound! A whole pound! I know that it doesn't seem like a big deal. I mean it's a pound. But do you realize that, that pound means so much. I am under 226 for the first time in well, lets face it, a long time. I am now 225. 225. I never thought I would be so proud of such a crap weight. But really now that I have passed the unforgiving 226 I want to really crush it. I want to really start seeing those numbers get lower and lower. And now, I am one pound closer to my goal! Thank you God for allowing me to see the joy in one silly little pound. 

The day was a long one. I had to go into work after I had my major achievement, which kind of took my glorious pound and placed it on the self. Work today was not quite as much fun as the day before. Today other people showed up and the company did not allow for singing in the office, but I went along with all I had to do and left.  After a quick bite at Jimmy Johns ( I love me some Jimmy) and went to church. Today I decided to be bold. Following the service. I decided I would ask the band (which is all boys) if they would need female vocals. I know. I'm shocked with myself. I mean I've always wanted to sing in front at church but never really thought I would be able to. I've been to scared to ask and other times just flat out shut down. But after some coxing from my friends Hannah and Lindsey. I went. I asked. And they said I should come out to church early in two weeks and I could do a sort of audition for them. I couldn't believe it. I asked. And they said yes. Wow. I just hope I don't screw this up. It could be a total blast. No more being scared. I have had enough compliments from my friends to know I can do this. So you know what. I'm gonna do it. It's high time I tried to be bold again. I am really starting to feel like the girl I once was. I really like her. smile*

After my amazing bold moment I was talked into Half Price Sushi at the Kona Grill. All I have to say is Yum. So good. I love sushi! When it was time to leave I made the, so called, long journey back to Frisco. So it's getting late and I don't really want to do my cardio for the day. I really wanted to go and watch movie. I didn't want to leave the house. So the decision was made. Don't leave. Do an aerobic video. Then it hit me. I remembered my amazing purchase from goodwill. SWEATIN' TO THE OLDIES "2" an aerobic workout with Richard Simmons. When that hit me it was all over. I knew as silly as it was. I needed to do that. I did it. I did that whole video. Let me tell you I did sweat and I laughed harder than I have in a while. It was hysterical. I highly recommend this video for a low impact cardio workout. It was so funny to me. It went by fast too. So there you have it. I'm down a pound and if Richard Simmons has anything to say about it. I will be down another and more coordinated before you know it. So thank you Richard. Thank you for allowing me an evening where I could laugh and sweat my sorry butt off. Love it.

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground