Pages

Torture. I think so...

Friday, January 07, 2011






It's like they knew I was on my 30 for 30 challenge. Somehow they knew that I was not going to spend any money this month on clothing and try to figure out my closet. I'm telling you...they knew. And it was like torture. 

Yesterday, via snail mail, I received none other than the January catalog for Anthropologie. The store, that so often has filled my heart, mind and bill fold with inspiration and envy, sent me their newest most beautiful items up for purchase in their well designed book. Flipping through it, I felt the all to familiar feeling of jealously and desire of the unnecessary purchasing creeping up on me...I wanted to search their website. What harm would that do? 

So I did. I just perused. Nothing purchased...and slowly but surely my wish list seemed to be getting bigger and BIGGER. Suddenly the little voice in my head (let's call him my conscience) started reminding me...you can't buy clothes while your on this challenge...and floating back down from the silvery cloud of my day dreams I began to return to reality.

But before I could click off the page, I felt the temptation begin to rise again. Maybe you could buy some accessories...I mean they don't count in the challenge so surely they wouldn't count in the "shopping rule" either. Or do they? Boy, I was in a pickle. The same pickle that got me in this place to begin with.

So...after truly contemplating this...I stepped back and made my decision. 

No means NO.  I am doing this challenge for me. To learn my closet. To figure out my style. And to save money in the mean time. So that means, as hard as it was for me to hear it...NO SHOPPING. I am never gonna learn if I slip now...even if it's just an accessory. So I closed the page, put the catalog away and started to pick out my outfit for today. 

Anthro, I just wanted to say...there are no hard feelings here. I still love how you inspire me with my wardrobe, as well as a designer. To prove it...today I am choosing to wear the item I pulled for the 30 for 30 Challenge. So we're still good! Smile*

Sweater: Anthro
Top: LOFT
Necklace: Forever 21
Jeans: Thrifted Levi's
Heels: Target

No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground